Keto banana bread
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup of hulled hemp seeds
- ⅔ cup of water
- 1 ¾ cup of almond flour
- ⅔ cup of erythritol
- ⅓ cup of unflavored whey protein powder
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut milk
- ½ cup of melted butter
- ½ teaspoon of banana extract (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a long loaf pan of about 11 x 4 inches or two smaller pans.
- Place hulled hemp seeds in 2/3 cup of water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, put together almond flour, erythritol, protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, melted butter, hemp seed mixture, banana extract and vanilla extract and banana until well blended. Stir in the 1/4 cup of coconut or almond milk to thin the mixture to a soft consistency.
- Stir in dry mixture in 3 strokes.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 75 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the edges to loosen. Continue to let it sit in the pan until it cools (about 20 minutes more). Turn out of pan.
- Net Carbohydrates : 2,6 g
- Protein : 6,3 g
- Fat : 11,9 g