Ketogenic Chocolate and Peanut Butter Snack
These peanut butter and chocolate cups are literally reminiscent of the famous sweet and savoury Reese’s. Serve them as a dessert or snack. They have a texture resembling creamy fudge.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter or nut or sunflower butter
- 1/3 cup unpacked butter (omit if vegan and compensate with cocoa butter)
- 1 cup cocoa butter powder or nuggets
- 1/3 cup erythritol alcohol sugar or other ketogenic sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100 grams dark chocolate 70% or more (I use 82% Cémoi)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Place 12 silicone cups in a muffin tin. In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and cocoa butter with the peanut (or nut) butter and stir. Add the erythritol and vanilla and stir again until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among the 12 muffin cups. Place in the refrigerator for one hour so that the mixture is firm.
- Place a stainless steel bowl on a small pot of simmering water (for a double boiler). Add the chocolate and cinnamon. Mix frequently to melt completely. Take the mussels out of the refrigerator (after an hour of waiting) and place a tablespoon of chocolate on each mould and spread it to the edges to cover well.
- Refrigerate the cups for 30 minutes. Unmould and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Net carbs: 2.5g