Christmas keto cookies
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1/4 cup of softened coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of erythritol
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (1/2 teaspoon if you use unsalted butter)
- 2 1/4 cups of almond flour (IMPORTANT to squeeze flour during measuring)
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- In a bowl, combine the baking soda, the salt, the almond flour and the coconut flour.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, the coconut oil, the vanilla, the almond extract and the sugar with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes. Add the eggs (one at a time) and continue beating until the mixture is smooth. On low speed or with a wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients.
- Form two balls of dough, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to about 3 to 5 mm (1/8 to 1/4 inch) of thickness between two sheets of parchment paper. Flour the dough with coconut flour and cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter of your choice. You will need to work fast, as you don't want the dough to get warm. Put the dough in the refrigerator for a few minutes if it becomes sticky. You can also roll out the dough and place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Place the cookies with the parchment paper on a baking sheet or transfer them onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper with a spatula.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies' edges are lightly brown. Place the cookies on a rack to cool them.
- Fat: 10g
- Net carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g